I was having a conversation with a artist, who is also very successful in generating business from the websites he owns.
For a time, he simply could not differentiate between the search engines and internet in general.
Finally he argued, Google is Internet!.
From then, my opinion was rather shifting up to become a statement and it really sparked a though about how can businesses actually do business without having any dependency on Google.
Google really has eroded the Internet, it has created a heavy dependency on doing business and any form of dependency which can impact a business at near 100% is always bad.
Still, the argument was not really about using Google to develop business, it was about using Information Technology and the Internet to generate business, it goes much beyond Google or such search engines.
We are looking at Marketing at its core, but surgically engineered to work over the Internet.
Go Global Services is a service vertical dedicated to developing business world wide and doing it by using Internet and also by having very limited dependency on the search engines and Search Engine Result Positions (SERP).
Every eCommerce business owner should become familiar with such marketing and lead generation strategies, while businesses which simply cannot have their products sold online for reasons that the products are machines that cost a lot and online payments for such machines is not handled directly like it is in the case of a typical ecommerce stores, can very much benefit from such strategies.
In a nut shell, there are only three strategies:
The strategy is not any whimsical thought, rather it is a very meticulously planned execution, which is actually chasing an idea.
Believe us when I say its is a very meticulously planned execution, for it requires more skills than what one person can bring along and it is often more about being creative than being simply repetitive.
The following strategy are a general categorization towards beating dependency on Google.
Content Marketing, Search Engine Marketing, Social Media Marketing, Affiliate Performance Based Marketing, Direct Email Marketing
Strategy #2: Using Internet for Network Marketing
Social Forums, Directories, Cold Calls, Unsolicited eMails (Not bulk mailing, but very personalized pitches), Following, Tweeting, IM Messaging, Commenting
Strategy #3: Integrated Marketing Approach
Combines the above two, refined for what you need. Targets Quality Leads in specified time
Over a period of time, these strategies can be adopted to formulate automation of Marketing itself and lead generation becoming a regular in bound process.
Strategy #3 is what we love to adopt, that is where true powers of the Internet really come together and make things happen.
If you are wondering about the different marketing jargons used in there; here is a brief on what each of them actually mean.
It is a composite of:
- Good website, decent services and product information presentation
- Whitepapers, case studies, industry trends and publications
- Blogs, Press Article Releases
- Guest Publishing
- Social Network Utilization and Followers/Fans creation
- eMail subscription increase and allowing for more Direct eMail Marketing
It is all about and not for sure ‘spamming’ or just mindless promoting:
- The customer discovery journey via eMail Marketing
- From Unaware status to Awarness, From Aware to Interested Status, From Interested to Qualified Lead Conversion… that’s what eMail Marketing is about.
- No Spamming, No direct sales, No unrelated offers to random people
Search Engine Marketing
In a way to simplified way:
- Onsite: Look & Feel, Content Quality, Search Engine Friendly
- Offsite: Directory, Forums and Social Media Presence making it easy for discovery from Search Engines
- Paid Campaigns: Display Advertisements, Featured Presence on Directorys and Forums & Affiliate Networks, Performance Marketing Sites
- Ad Budget
Internet Enabled Network Marketing
Most sure shot way to get leads:
- Precision in execution… Find People from Target Company having desired Position
- Acquire Attention, Interest in your Product, Profile
- Begin Communications, Relationship build up
- Could be painfully long, but is very assuring
- Acquire contacts and other related networks
- Is a full time Job, needs to be done every day
In terms of skills, well, almost of these require a very good range of skills and experience.
To name a few, without leaving out the Marketing executive, the following are the resources (not just skills… a small correction):
- Experienced designer
- Programmer and
- Information/Creative Architect
- Content Analyst, Writer, Researcher
- Content/Copy Writer
- Expert who has made a name on the blogging circuits (for guest blogging)
- Content Manager along with specific Software Tools for posting, publishing, sharing etc.
- Software base (tools needed or can be used to save time)
That is just the summary of things!